PROFILE OF THE KFRC Bagalkot Download
Govt. of India [GOI] advised the SLBCs of all the states to initiate appropriate steps to set up a state level centre to cater to the needs of farmers. Syndicate Bank, as convenor of SLBC, Karnataka, immediately initiated steps to implement the guidelines of GOI and constituted a Sub-Committee under the chairmanship of Sri. V.P.Baligar, IAS, Principal Secretary, Commerce & Industries Department, GOK to come out with the broad frame work of guidelines in this regard. Based on the recommendations of the Sub-Committee, SLBC took a decision to set up such an exclusive centre at Bagalkot, to cater to the needs of farmers. Govt. of Karnataka( GOK), NABARD, 10 Banks [ Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, Vijaya Bank, SBI, SBM, SBH, Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank , Krishna Grameena Bank, The Karnataka Bank Ltd] and B.V.V. Sangha, Bagalkot have jointly sponsored the Trust by contributing corpus fund. GOK has allotted 8 acres of land to the Trust at free of cost for construction of campus of its own.
The KFRC was set up with the following objectives :
- To educate the Farmers to effectively manage all their resources, adopt robust risk mitigation mechanism and foster rural wealth creation
- To develop the credit absorption capacities of the farmers and wisely utilize the banking services
- To develop the entrepreneurial capacity of the Farmers through value addition to their produce and play superior role in competitive markets
- To develop the capacities of support organisations in the Government and Non Government sector to provide effective services to Farmers
- To establish enduring network and working partnership between the rural community and the support organisations to achieve equitable growth to all section of rural people
- To develop human resources for rural development through short training and mentoring services
Thereby, KFRC will help in accruing the following benefits:
- Empower the farmers to secure their livelihoods with meaningful financial inclusion.
- Reduce the level of distress to the farming community and farmers suicide cases through proper Financial Literacy and credit Counselling.
- Enhance share in priority sector business and the emerging rural market.
The KFRC was inaugurated on 03.02.2011 by Sri. Sri. Ravishankar Guruji, Art of Living, Bangalore. The institute immediately commenced the activities.
Various Training Programmes are being arranged for the farmers of the state involving Scientists from University of Horticultural Sciences Bagalkot, UAS Dharawad, K V K Bagalkot, and Various Govt Departments like Animal Husbandry, Horticulture , Agriculture ,KMF etc.,. Farmers from almost all districts are coming for various trainings. Large numbers of farmers are coming forward for Sheep and Goat Rearing under Stall Feeding system, and also for Dairy Farming. Many trained farmers are establishing Orchards, Dairy, Sheep and Goat Farming Units, Poultry Units after Training. Large numbers of farmers have been successful in getting increased yield and income after training.
||Name of Bank / Institute
||Govt. of Karnataka
||State Bank of India
||Union Bank of India
||Bank of Baroda
||Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
||Karnataka Bank Ltd
||Karnataka Gramin Bank
||B.V.V. Sangha, Bagalkot